Standard Terms of Sale
1.Bertoia Auctions has endeavored to accurately describe all items being sold, but all property herein offered for sale is strictly “as is” and it is the bidder’s responsibility to determine the exact condition of each item. No statement in this catalog, bill of sale, invoice, or elsewhere by any representative of or person in the employ of Bertoia Auctions shall be deemed to be a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability with respect to age, condition, size, quality, variety, importance, provenance, or historical relevance of any of these items. Any such statements are strictly matters of opinion.
2. The Auctioneer will be the final judge as to which bidder is the highest bidder. In the event of any dispute in this matter, the auctioneer shall at his discretion decide to reopen the bidding or not.
3. Title to all merchandise shall pass to the highest bidder at the fall of the Auctioneer’s “hammer.” The purchaser shall assume full risk and responsibility of the lot purchased once title has passed.
4. The buyer shall be required to pay New Jersey Sales Tax (3.5%) unless exemption is allowed under the laws regulating such tax.
5. All Sales Are Final.
6. All accounts are to be settled by the end of the sale unless other arrangements have been made beforehand. An interest charge of 1.5% will be added to any payment received after 30 days from auction date.
7. Bertoia Auctions are not responsible for any typographical errors or omissions in this catalog or in the subsequent price key. Photographs in this catalog are of the actual objects being sold but exact condition of the objects offered takes precedence on the day of sale.
8. All LiveAuctioneer bidding subject to 23.5% buyer’s premium, discounted to 20.5% if paid with check, money order, or cash. All live attendees are sunject to a 20% buyer’s premium or if paid by check/cash, a discounted 18% buyer’s premium will apply. Definition of Gradings: Mint Out of Box Condition Near Mint 98% Plus Pristine 93% – 98% Excellent 90% – 93% Very Good 80% – 89% Good 70% – 79% Fair 69% or under
Definition of Gradings:
Mint Out of Box Condition
Near Mint 98% Plus
Pristine 93% – 98%
Excellent 90% – 93%
Very Good 80% – 89%
Good 70% – 79%
Fair 69% or under
(Any off increments will be rounded up to the next bid increment):
100-$499…..$25 $500-$999…..$50 1000-$1999…..$100 $2000-$4999…..$250 $5000-$10,000…..$500
$10,000+….. Auctioneer’s Discretion